The World Class Traveler

The World Class Traveler

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Eat The World in Berlin

I decided to do something a little different as a tourist in Berlin.  And when I heard about "Eat The World Tours", I thought, it can't get any more different than that!!

I mean think about it.  You get to stroll with an experienced guide telling you all about the area while stopping in little cafe's and tasting a vast array of foods!

Eat The World has several tours to choose from.  I chose the Berlin Neukölln-Tour.  And as you continue reading, you will understand why!

On this particular tour, as we made our way through a cute little area of Berlin, my guide led me to 7 different eateries.  I'm going to share with you a few of those stops.

So come stroll with me through these beautiful streets of Berlin and see what I had to eat!





Café Botanico is situated in a lovely garden setting that we were able to wander through.





I love a good Risotto, so I was happy to discover that I would be tasting a creamy seasonal wild herb/wild vegetable risotto!




Rixbox I think is appropriately named as it looks just like a box sitting out on the square with some outdoor seating.



This is where I tried their smoked pork sandwich with sauerkraut and mustard, served with potato wedges.


Okay, this isn't food, but I just thought this guy was adorable!
This is a Buddy Bear.
 Buddy Bears are a series of painted, life-size fiberglass bear sculptures originally developed in Berlin.  As cheerful ambassadors for Berlin, Buddy Bears have a presence on every continent 


Okay, back to the food!


The O S'kitchen was my absolute favorite stop on this tour!



Here I was served Homemade falafel with Arabic yogurt dip. 


Well as you might guess, I'm STUFFED!!!
But what a great way to see Berlin and try all the different flavors of this city!  So if you find yourself in Berlin and you would like to try something a bit different, Please consider Eat The World, and eat your way through the streets of Berlin!  Oh and tell them "Carla's Got The Travel Bug" sent you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment